AMIA invites you to share your solutions, ideas and innovations with your applied clinical informatics colleagues at the AMIA 2022 Clinical Informatics Conference (CIC), May 24-26, 2022 in Houston, Texas.
We want to hear about your current health IT-related projects, their impact, the challenges you have overcome, and future opportunities. This is the time to share proposals with your thoughts on topics of interest to the community of clinical informatics professionals.
The CIC is where AMIA convenes practitioners of applied clinical informatics to reduce clinical documentation burden and lower costs, improve outcomes and safety, and operationalize high-quality and impactful services in the following realms:
- Informatics-Driven Value-Based Healthcare
- Usability, Efficiency, and User Experience
- Clinical Decision Support and Analytics
- Organizational Challenges
- Emerging Technology and Technical Infrastructure
- Leadership, Advocacy, and Policy
Whether you are novice, intermediate, or advanced in clinical informatics, AMIA’s fastest growing conference is designed to impact healthcare delivery systems by offering content attendees can take back to their care settings and localize. We welcome submissions from all health care and public health teams across care settings for both evidence- and experience-based clinical informatics projects that impact the quality, safety, and experience of health care and public health in the future.
In 2022, the Scientific Program Committee calls special attention to three areas:
- It is time to address the clinical documentation overburden crisis. This ever-increasing documentation burden leads to a variety of negative outcomes including note bloat, clinician burnout, decreased job satisfaction, increased medical errors, and more hospital-acquired conditions. The SPC looks to the CIC community to offer their experience, recommendations, and solutions that address this crisis;
- We seek to highlight industry and commercial collaborations in applied clinical informatics with the member communities within AMIA. The SPC is eager to receive contributions highlighting incremental or disruptive innovation in support of this CIC conference goals;
- AMIA members and its community of individuals in NIWG, PINA, IPC, ANI, CIPD, ACIF, and other key groups provided the momentum and content that has made the CIC the must-attend applied CI educational gathering—we look forward to receiving your contributions and hearing from you with ideas during our conference design process.